Our convenient SIBO breath test measures the concentration of hydrogen and methane in your breath, and can reveal the severity and location of bacterial overgrowth in the gut. Find out if SIBO is contributing to digestive symptoms, and take actionable steps to improving your health and wellness. Set up an appointment with your healthcare professional and use your results to help guide your decision-making.
- Breath collection device
- 10 test tubes
- Sugar substrate
- Detailed instructions
- Prepaid envelope
regular feeling of fullness
pain in stomach, especially after eating
The SIBO test involves drinking a sugar lactulose beverage before breathing into either a balloon or a set of tubes at regular intervals.
SIBO may be present if your breath sample contains hydrogen or methane shortly after drinking the solution.
How it works
1. Once you order online, your test kit are delivered to your address
2. Complete all the steps specified in your kit
3. Return the sample collection with the prepaid shipping
4. Our certified physician will review your results
5. Once verified, you’ll receive your results
Why use Lab Tests Direct
Reviewed by Physicians
Results from your tests and screens are reviewed and approved by our certified physicians. This ensures that tests ordered are accurate and relevant to your health and wellness.
Our chosen lab partner – Nutripath – specialises in functional health and wellbeing pathology testing. This means we meet high standards and compliance to provide you with the most accurate results.
Flexible and customised to your health needs
We use well-established and effective collection methods that are flexible and easy to do at home. Our tests offer you reliability and validity in the comfort of your own home, where you get to decide how to take action on your health needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Individuals who have had gastric bypass procedures or surgeries that cause adhesions
- Those suffering from celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, cirrhosis, and irritable bowel syndrome
- Frequent users of antibiotics, anti-spasm medications for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), long-term users of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs)
SIBO can be the cause of a wide range of symptoms, and your individual results may indicate the need for dietary and lifestyle changes, stress reduction or supplementation. Our SIBO test provides insights about your digestive health, providing a personalised starting point for making the best lifestyle and nutrition choices for you.
Our SIBO test and personalised results can provide evidence-based suggestions for lifestyle changes that you can make to positively impact your digestive health and boost wellbeing. Discuss your results with your healthcare professional to meet your individual needs. Always check with your doctor for answers to your personal medical questions.