SALES TERMS & CONDITIONS
Lab Tests Direct are an Australian privately-owned medical agency that specialise in the area of integrative medical testing. Using a network of local and international pathology providers, we enable those who wish to take charge of their own health through personally monitoring their own wellness to do so, through direct access to a broad range of tests. Use of our products and services are not intended to be a substitute for a proper medical consultation.
In these Sales Terms and Conditions (Sales Terms) ”we”, “us” or “our” mean Labtest Direct Pty Ltd (ABN25 615 935 245), its successors and assignees, (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) and you, the person, organisation or entity that purchases products or related services from us (referred to as “you” or “your”), and collectively the Parties. These Sales Terms apply to all sales made by us to you. These Sales Terms are available at www.labtestsdirect.com.au (Site).
These Sales Terms form the agreement under which we will supply products and related services to you. Please read these Sales Terms carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact details below, before you purchase products or related services from us.
- Registration: Should you choose to open an online account: We will provide a confirmation of account registration when you register on the Site. It is your responsibility to keep your account details confidential. You are liable for all activity on your account, including purchases made using your account details.
- Products, Services and Orders:
(b) It is your responsibility to check the order details, including product/service and pricing, before you complete your order on the Site.
(c) We will provide you with order details, which may include an order number, the shipping and billing addresses and a description of what was ordered, when you order and pay on the Site and your payment has been validated.
(d) A binding agreement comes into existence between you and us once we have given you order details. No changes to these Sales Terms will be effective unless we both agree to the changes in writing.
(e) Please be aware that some of the products sold through the Site may not be suitable for children under 18 years of age, so please take extra care when purchasing products for children under 18 years of age.
- Price and Payments:
(b) You must pay for the product or services by one of the methods set out on the Site. Your payment will be processed upon receipt of your order. You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for an order through any fraudulent or unlawful means. If your payment is not able to be successfully processed then your order may be cancelled.
(c) We may charge interest at the rate of 2% per month on any amounts unpaid. If you do not pay by the due date, we have the right to engage debt collection services for the collection of unpaid and undisputed debt, and the right to commence legal proceedings for any outstanding amounts owed to us.
- Availability and Cancellation:
(b) : If there is a considerable delay in dispatching your order or supplying services to you, or if for any reason we cannot supply a product or service you have ordered, we will contact you using the contact details provided by you when you placed the order. You can choose a refund, store credit or to put your order on backorder. If you choose a refund or store credit, any delivery costs you have paid for the product will be refunded to you. If you choose to put your order on backorder, we will contact you to arrange for supply/delivery once the product or service is available (as the case may be).
(c) You can cancel your order at any time prior to delivery of the products provided that you pay the cancellation fee of $30. If the product has already been shipped then you must pay for the costs incurred including return shipping and re-stocking. We will inform you of these costs.
(d) It is your responsibility to be sure you have purchased the correct product. We cannot offer refunds/ returns in circumstances where the product has been used or where the product testing has taken place. We can offer retests for unsatisfied customers in certain circumstances in our discretion.
(e) To cancel your order please send us an email to accounts@LabTestsDirect.com.au stating that you wish to cancel your order and the reason for the cancellation.
(b) Cost: A delivery fee will apply, as set out on the Site.
(c) Timing: We will normally dispatch the product the following business day from the receipt of your order by Australia Post. Overnight express within these zones is not guaranteed. For any updates to expected delivery times, please refer to the Australia Post website . Any delivery periods displayed on the Site are estimates only, based on the information provided by the delivery company. We will deliver the product to the place of delivery you specify when making your order. We will only deliver roadside addresses in Australia.
(d) Change: If you need to change a delivery date or the delivery address, please contact us as soon as possible to see if this is possible. If you are not available to take delivery on the agreed delivery date, you may be charged a delivery fee for each additional attempt for delivery.
(e) We may deliver the products via a range of delivery methods. All deliveries must be signed for. If neither you nor your authorised representative is at the delivery address to accept delivery you will be notified, generally by the delivery company leaving a card with contact details, so that you can arrange another delivery time and date. We take no responsibility for any lost or damaged products due to the use of Australia Post My Safe Drop service or equivalent. While we do everything we can to ensure your order is delivered in a timely manner, we will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by any person as a result of delay caused by our carrier that we have no control over or by any event which is out of our reasonable control or foresight including but not limited to any delay caused by an incorrect delivery address being provided to us. Should the need arise to resend a collection kit there will be an additional delivery fee applicable.
(f) Title and Risk: Title in the products will not pass to you until the later of delivery, or your payment has been received by us. If your payment is declined for any reason we reserve the right to reclaim the products from your possession, custody or control even if they have been delivered to you or moved from the delivery address. We reserve the right to keep or sell the products. Risk of loss, damage or deterioration to any products will pass to you once the product is sent by us.
- Intellectual Property Rights
(b) We own all Intellectual Property Rights in the Site, business, products, services and branding, as between us and you. The products contain material which is owned by or licensed to us and is protected by Australian and international laws (Materials). We own the copyright which subsists in all creative and literary works incorporated into our Materials.
(c) You must not breach our Intellectual Property Rights by, including but not limited to altering or modifying any of the Materials, creating derivative works from the Materials or using our Materials for commercial purposes such as onsale to third parties.
(a) The complainant must tell the respondent in writing the nature of the dispute, what outcome the complainant wants and what action the complainant thinks will settle the dispute. The Parties agree to meet in good faith to seek to resolve the dispute by agreement between them (Initial Meeting).
(b) If the Parties cannot agree how to resolve the dispute at the Initial Meeting, any Party may refer the matter to a mediator. If the Parties cannot agree on who the mediator should be, the complainant will ask the Law Society of Victoria to appoint a mediator. The mediator will decide the time and place for mediation. The Parties must attend the mediation in good faith, to seek to resolve the dispute. Any attempts made by the Parties to resolve a dispute pursuant to this clause are without prejudice to other rights or entitlements of the Parties under these Sales Terms, by law or in equity.
- Consumer Law, Return, Refund and Exchange Policy
(b) Goods & Services: If you are a consumer as defined in the ACL, the following notice applies to you: “Our goods and services come with warranties and guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (Consumer Guarantees). You are entitled to a replacement or a refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. You are also entitled to have services remedied if they are not rendered with due care and skill or they are not fit for purpose and the failure does not amount to a major failure.”
(c) Nothing in these Sales Terms excludes your Statutory Rights as a consumer under the ACL. You agree that our liability for goods provided to a person or entity defined as a “consumer” under the ACL is governed solely by the ACL and these Sales Terms. We exclude all conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute except for your Statutory Rights.
(d) Warranties: Except for your Statutory Rights, all material and work is provided to you without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
(e) Repair, replacement or a refund: If you wish to seek repair, resupply, replacement or a refund for a product or service, please contact us and we will explain the requirements to you. This may include you providing proof of purchase and evidence of the faulty product to us.
(f) Refund: If you are entitled to a refund, we will only give you the refund once evidence of faulty product is received by us, or we have received the product at our warehouse and inspected it and assessed whether it is eligible for a refund under these Sales Terms. Any refund we make will be by the same payment method used to purchase the product or service. We will not accept or return any product that has been used or attempted to be used.
(g) Packaging: You must adequately package any product you are returning for our collection to ensure that it is not damaged during return delivery to our warehouse. We will arrange for any products you want returned to be collected, usually within 5 business days.
(h) Duty of care: You have a duty of care for the product while it is in your possession. If you damage products, then subsequently return the products, you may be liable to pay to repair the product to its original condition. In these circumstances, where a repair is not economically viable, no refund will be made.
(i) Change of mind: We do not accept returns for change of mind or circumstances including but not limited to where the health condition which necessitated you to purchase the product is alleviated, you seek medical testing elsewhere including through a medical practitioner or you purchased the wrong product.
- Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers:
(b) Certain legislation including the ACL and similar consumer protection laws and regulations may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees and remedies relating to the provision of goods or services to you by us via the Site which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Our liability is governed solely by the ACL and these Sales Terms.
(c) To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions and warranties, except for your Statutory Rights including but not limited to:
- we expressly disclaim any implied or express guarantees, representations or conditions of any kind, which are not stated in these Sales Terms;
- we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for the Site or the products or services being unavailable;
- we will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, death, costs including legal costs, or expense whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential and/or incidental, including loss of profits, revenue, production, opportunity, access to markets, goodwill, reputation, use or any indirect, remote, abnormal or unforeseeable loss, or any loss or damage relating to business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information systems or costs of replacement goods, or otherwise, suffered by you or claims made against you, arising out of or in connection with the Site, inability to access or use the Site, the products, the services, the late supply of products or services, or these Sales Terms, even if we were expressly advised of the likelihood of such loss or damage; and
- we give no warranty that any of our products and services will prevent disease and the tests, services or products found listed in our Site are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure disease.
(d) Medical Disclaimer: You agree that:
- any information contained in our Site or materials provided with our products (collectively Materials) is provided to you as a guide only and is not an attempt to practice medicine or provide medical advice. Such Materials and our products and services are not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. We are not responsible for any health problems that may result or worsen for your use of our products, services and Materials. Use of our products and services does not establish a doctor-patient relationship. Our products and services should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and/or treatment. Any health information in our Site or Materials is provided for your convenience only.
- the Site and Materials are intended for general information purposes only and do not take into account your own personal circumstances. They are not intended to be advice, they are not intended to be relied upon and they are not a substitute for professional medical advice based on your personal circumstances. You are solely responsible for determining the suitability of our products and services. Your reliance on our products and services, on any Materials or other information that is provided to you through our Site or with our products is at your own risk. Your reliance on our products and services or on any information that is provided to you through our Site or Materials are at your own risk
- we do not provide medical advice or services. If you have health disorders, medical conditions, or any condition needing medical supervision you should consult your doctor or medical professional. All products and services are provided for educational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for a proper medical consultation; and
- the Site, services, products and Materials may support the relationship between you and your healthcare provider, but are not intended to replace it. They should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment. If you suffer from any health condition you must consult your doctor or medical professional. We do not recommend self-diagnosis or self-medication, and no information within our Site or presented by us or our associates may be construed or interpreted as recommending self-diagnosis or self-medication.
(e) We will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury caused in whole or in part by procuring, compiling, interpreting, delivering or reporting information through the Site nor for any decisions made or action taken or not taken by you in reliance on such information.
(f) Material placed online by users of our products or services does not represent medical advice and we make no representations with respect to the accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of the contents.
(g) To the extent permitted by law, our total liability arising out of or in connection with the products, the services or these Sales Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the total price paid by you for the purchase of products and/or services under these Sales Terms.
(h) This clause will survive termination of these Sales Terms.
- Amendment: These Sales Terms may be amended from time to time; we will provide you with 14 days’ notice of the varied Sales Terms. Your purchase from us following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments. If you have reasonable grounds to believe that the varied Sales Terms will be detrimental to your rights, you may terminate these Sales Terms without penalty within 14 days of receiving notice of the varied Sales Terms. We recommend that you check the current Sales Terms before purchasing a product. Our agents, employees and third parties do not have authority to change these Sales Terms.
- Indemnity: You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your breach of these Sales Terms. You agree to co-operate with us (at your own expense) in the handling of disputes, complaints, investigations or litigation that arise as a result of your use of our products or services including but not limited to disputes, complaints, investigations or litigation that arises out of or relates to incorrect information you have given us. The obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Sales Terms.
(b) ;Accuracy: While we endeavour to keep information up to date and correct, we make no representations, warranties or guarantee, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any information, images, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Site for any particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that such information and materials may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude any liability for such to the fullest extent permissible by law.
(c) Termination: We reserve the right to refuse supply of the products or services ordered by you, terminate your account, terminate our contract with you, and remove or edit content on the Site at our sole discretion, without incurring any liability to you. We may terminate your account and our contract with you, in our sole discretion, without incurring any liability to you, if:
- you commit a non-remediable breach of these Sales Terms;
- you commit a remediable breach of these Sales Terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach.
(d) GST: If and when applicable, GST payable on our services or products will be set out in our invoices. By accepting these Sales Terms you agree to pay us an amount equivalent to the GST imposed on these charges.
(e) Relationship of Parties: These Sales Terms are not intended to create a relationship between the Parties of partnership, joint venture, or employer-employee.
(f) Force Majeure: We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform our obligations under these Sales Terms if such delay is due to any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
(g) Notice: Any notice in connection with these Sales Terms will be deemed to have been duly given when made in writing and delivered or sent by email, facsimile or post to the Party to whom such notice is intended to be given or to such other address, email address or facsimile number as may from time to time be notified in writing to the other Party.
(h) Waiver: Any failure by a Party to insist upon strict performance by the other of any provision in these Sales Terms will not be taken to be a waiver of any existing or future rights in relation to the provision. No waiver by us of any of these Sales Terms shall be effective unless we expressly state it is a waiver and we communicate to you in writing.
(i) Assignment: You must not assign any rights and obligations under these Sales Terms, whether in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
(j) Severability:If any of these Sales Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(k) Jurisdiction and Applicable Law: Your use of the Site and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of Victoria and the Commonwealth of Australia. These Sales Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria and the Commonwealth of Australia and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in Victoria. The Site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that the Site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the Site.
(l) Entire Agreement: These Sales Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between you and us, whether oral or in writing.
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
Labtest Direct Pty Ltd (ABN25 615 935 245)
PO BOX 222, Burwood VIC 3125 INFO@LABTESTSDIRECT.COM.AU
Last update: 7th August 2017